Braised Pork Jowl with Chocolate Avocado
Average User Rating:
600g pork jowl
150ml olive oil or pork fat
1 onion (sliced)
1 carrot (sliced)
1 head garlic
2 tsp tomato paste
1½ l pork stock
Salt and pepper to taste
250ml red wine
250ml fresh orange juice
1 cinnamon stick
150g Michel Cluizel chocolat 78%
30g Kaolin edible clay
40g Lactose powder
Chocolat Dusted Avocado
- Melt the chocolat over a double boiler, sieve the powders together and add slowly to the chocolat until dust consistency.
- Cut avocado in half, remove skin and stone, cut into 6 wedges and dust with chocolat.
- Place oil in a roundel, make very hot, then seal the seasoned pork until very dark brown.
- In a separate pan place more oil and brown the vegetables.
- Add tomato paste and sweat for 20 minutes.
- Then add the Madeira, red wine, orange juice, cinnamon stick and stock, cook on 58°C for 12 hours.
- Once cooked remove pork from oven and reduce the juices to glaze consistency.
- Place pork onto a plate and garnish with chocolat avocado.