Green Tomato Gazpacho with Smoked Corn, Avocado and Shiso
Average User Rating:
1kg ripe green tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 Spanish onion (peeled)
1 green capsicum
1 telegraph cucumber (peeled)
1 slice of sourdough bread
50ml sherry vinegar
2 egg yolk
250ml olive oil
1 punnet baby shiso
1 cob of corn (blanched for 25 mins)
100g hickory wood chips
Salt and pepper to taste
Morgan McGlone – Flinders Inn, Sydney
- To smoke corn, place wood chips in a frying pan over medium heat and allow to smoke lightly.
- Place pan and corn inside sealed box or smoker.
- Leave to infuse for 20 minutes, de-husk corn from the cob and set aside.
- To make gazpacho place all ingredients except olive oil, egg yolks, avocado and shiso in a blender until
- blended smooth.
- Set aside for 5 minutes. Re-blend gazpacho with egg yolks and slowly add olive oil until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pieces of avocado into a bowl and add corn and shiso. Drizzle with olive oil and season well.
- Place avocado, corn and shiso mix in the centre of a bowl.
- Pour in gazpacho around the bowl and finish with a small drizzle of olive oil.