Crab and Pesto Pizza with Avocado
Average User Rating:
10-15 minutes (30-35 if roasting garlic)
1/2 head garlic (or use 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic)
1 x 23 cm pizza base
100g (1 cup) grated Mozzarella cheese
1/2 avocado, sliced
75g cooked or canned crabmeat, well drained
1 tablespoon finely chopped red capsicum
2 tablespoons basil pesto
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- Heat oven to hot (250º C) and roast the garlic for about 20 minutes, or until soft enough to squeeze the garlic from its skins.
- Place pizza base on an oven tray and spread with the garlic paste (or with crushed garlic).
- Evenly cover with two thirds of the cheese and arrange avocado slices over.
- Dot with crabmeat, scatter on red capsicum and finish with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese bubbling.
- Drizzle the pesto in a circle about 3 cm in from the edge of the crust and scatter on capers and lemon zest.
- Cut into wedges and serve at once.