Sharks Guacamole with Bite
Average User Rating:
Consumer Submitted Recipe
Submitted By: beejaye
6 avocados (soft, but not mushy)
2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depends on how much you like garlic)
1 lime, cut in half 1 medium ripe tomato, blanched, peeled, and chopped
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
1 diced jalapeno or serrano pepper
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit, and spoon avocado into a mixing bowl.
- Add minced garlic and squeeze the juice from one-half of the lime into the bowl of avocado.
- Mash the ingredients together to desired consistency using the back of a large spoon or a potato masher (some like the avocado chunky, some like it smoother).
- Fold in diced tomato and diced onion, a couple pinches of salt and pepper, cilantro, either of the peppers and the juice from the remaining lime half.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Uncover and serve as a topper with nachos, tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, etc. and an ice cold beer.