Spicy Fried Rice with Prawns and Avocado
Average User Rating:
10 - 15 minutes (cook rice in advance)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup chopped shallots/spring onions (white and pale green parts)
1 hot red or green chilli, seeded and chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 cups cold cooked long grain white rice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
600-700g peeled cooked prawns
Shredded green tops of shallots/spring onions
3 avocados, diced
- Heat a wok or large frying pan and moisten with vegetable oil.
When medium-hot pour in the eggs and swirl around in the pan
to make an even layer.
- Cook until set but still moist, about 1 minute, then slice onto a
cutting board and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Reheat the pan, add a little extra oil and stir-fry the onion, chilli
and garlic until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until well warmed and
coated with oil, then add the soy sauce and sugar and the prawns
and return the egg to the pan. Toss on very high heat, until
thoroughly mixed and the prawns warmed through.
- Fold in three quarters of the onion greens and avocado and serve
- Garnish with the remaining avocado and onion greens and serve
© Courtesy of California Avocado Commission