Central NSW Avocado Grower Study Group Workshop
Central NSW Avocado Grower Study Group Workshop Thursday 2 November
Avocado growers, consultants, agronomists and re-sellers are invited to the next Central NSW avocado study group workshop to be held at Stuarts Point on Thursday 2 November.
Click here for the full agenda, including details on the venue address.
Please note the event will start at 9am (earlier than in the past) at the Stuarts Point Community Hall and includes presentations on:
- remote sensing in avocados, by Associate Professor Andrew Robson from the University of New England
- rootstocks, disease management and silicon research, by Dr Liz Dann from the University of Queensland
- an update on the avocado industry in New Zealand, including their R&D program, by Dr Marisa Till and Phillip West, of the NZ Avocado Growers’ Association
- an avocado industry update, by Avocados Australia Central NSW Director Ian Tolson
- an update on the Small Tree High Productivity Initiative, by Queensland DAF’s Peter Rigden.
There will also be a field walk of local orchards led by Roger Cottrell and Malcolm Heather.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided but for catering purposes please RSVP by Monday 30 October with numbers and names attending to email@example.com text 0400 565 784 (or leave a message). Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements.
To keep up-to-date with upcoming events, please visit our events calendar.
When9:00 am Start (Arrive ) to 3:00 pm, 02/11/2017
Host/sDepartment of Agriculture and Fisheries
VenueStuarts Point Community Hall
New South Wales 2441