Allergy Friendly Avocado, Chocolate Mousse
Average User Rating:
2 soft avocados, cut in half, seed removed
¼ cup dates soaked in ¼ cup water
½ cup maple syrup or honey
½ tsp vanilla
¹/³ cup cocoa or carob powder
For Optional Crust:
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup finely grated dried coconut
4 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
- Whizz up the dates, maple syrup/honey and vanilla in processor or blender.
- Add the avocado flesh and cocoa powder and process till creamy.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
- Will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 days or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- If using crust, mix all crust ingredients together and press into a pie dish and bake 10 min in a med-hot oven.
- Chill and fill with mousse.
Layer with whipped cream and berries in a goblet or freeze for a few hours, then let sit on bench for 15 min ice cream!
Submitted by Josh and Charmagne Downes, Frankin, TAS
"We all have friends and relations with food allergies, which makes this is a fun, tasty, and unusual treat for everyone!"