Avocado Bacon and Cheese Jaffles
Average User Rating:
Consumer Submitted Recipe
Submitted By: iamsuey
250g bacon, rind removed, cut into thirds
Add olive oil cooking spray or butter to 8 thick slives of multigrain or white bread
Add 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Add 1 ripe avocado, peeled, sliced thinly
Add 100g cheddar cheese, grated or 4 cheese slices
- Preheat the sandwich press. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon for 6 minutes, or until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Spray oil over 1 side of 4 slices of bread.
- Place onto a flat surface, oil-side down.
- Top with bacon, tomato, avocado and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bread slices. Spray with oil.
- I personally like to use spread ie. butter or margarine instead of oil. Place sandwiches, 2 at a time, into sandwich press. If you don't have a sandwich press you can cook in a fry pan, that's what I do.
- Cook for 6 minutes or until golden. Serve with fries if you want and garnish with parsley.