Avocado with Bocconcini and Basil
Average User Rating:
4 slices bread, toasted
2 avocados, seeded, skinned and sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
½ bunch spring onions, sliced finely
1 cup basil leaves
6 Roma tomatoes, sliced
6 bocconcini ‘cherries’, drained and sliced
Pepper to taste
- Arrange some avocado slices on the toast, then sprinkle with the lemon juice and a little Tabasco sauce.
- Dust with pepper and scatter with the spring onions.
- Arrange some tomato slices on top.
- Set half of the basil leaves aside.
- Using scissors, shred the remaining basil roughly and scatter over the tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining avocado and tomato slice.
- Arrange bocconcini cheese on top and cook under a hot grill for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and started to bubble.
- Serve at once with remaining whole basil leaves and dusted with pepper.