Chocolate Avocado Pie
Average User Rating:
Consumer Submitted Recipe
Submitted By: sheridan
1 hour to set
1 cup pitted dates – soaked for 20 min
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup macadamia or walnuts
3 average size avocados
¾ cup of coconut butter/oil
3 tablespoon of Agave syrup or sweeten with stevia (optional)
10 - 12 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
2 cup fresh pitted dates Orange zest to taste (optional)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- Process the dates until mushed.
- Add the nuts and desiccated coconut and process until well mixed.
- Press the dough firmly into a 9 inch pie dish or square cake tin.
- Place in the fridge to set or until filling is made.
- Melt the coconut oil by placing it into a tub of warm water.
- Process the dates until mashed.
- Add avocados, sweetener, orange zest and coconut oil and process into a creamy smooth mousse-like texture.
- Add the cacao powder bit by bit until blended well.
- Spread onto the pie crust.
- Decorate with desiccated coconut (optional).
- For best results refridgerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh strawberries or other fruit of your choice or by itself.
- Will keep in the fridge for 7 - 10 days also freezes well.