The Ultimate Chocolate and Avocado Torte
Average User Rating:
150g desiccated coconut
150g macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
1g ground cinnamon
150g pitted dates
15ml vanilla extract
150g cocoa powder
120ml maple syrup
You can also remove the base and serve as a mousse. Or, try spooning the avocado/chocolate mixture into an ice cream machine to make chocolate and avocado ice cream.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut, macadamia nuts, cinnamon and dates.
- Process until the mixture combines, then press firmly into the bottom of a lined 20 cm spring form baking tin.
- In the same processor, combine the avocado, banana, vanilla, cocoa and maple syrup. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon over the base then refrigerate for 2 hours or until it firms up.
- Remove from the tin and serve with chocolate sauce or raspberry coulis, garnish with fresh strawberries/raspberries.