Green Possum Pikelets (Ages 3yrs - 5yrs)
Average User Rating:
1 cup wholemeal SR flour
¾ cup milk
1 tablespoon castor sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
half a ripe avocado (peeled, deseeded and roughly mashed)
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Mix together in a blender for 30 seconds: 1 egg, 1 cup wholemeal SR flour, ¾ cup milk, 1 tablespoon castor sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, half a ripe avocado (peeled, deseeded and roughly mashed).
- Extra ingredient for possum eyes and nose: ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Using a frying pan, electric pan or griddle, drop heaped tablespoons of batter into heated pan thinly wiped with butter or olive oil.
- Using a teaspoon, drop 2 extra blobs of batter on one edge of each pikelet to create possum ears.
- Place 3 blueberries into each pikelet for possum's eyes and nose.
- Cook about 1 minute or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Turn over and cook another minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Eat just as they are!