Roast Pumpkin, Green Beans & Avocado Salad with Honey Soy Dressing & Toasted Almonds
Average User Rating:
4-6 as an accompaniment
1 butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm cubes
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g green beans, topped
100g baby English spinach leaves
2 avocados, cut into 2.5cm cubes
100g flaked almonds or chopped macadamias, toasted
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin, cumin and olive oil on the tray and toss to coat.
- Roast pumpkin in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until cooked through and coloured on the edges. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat.
- Blanch the beans for 2-3 minutes or until bright green in colour.
- Drain and refresh in iced water. Place in the serving bowl.
- Add the spinach, avocado, almonds or macadamias and dressing to the serving bowl and toss to combine.