Veal with Avocado Prosciutto and Cheese
Average User Rating:
4 veal leg steaks
Olive oil, for brushing
Salt and cracked black pepper
8 slices prosciutto
2 avocados, halved, peeled and stone removed
3/4 cup grated low fat mozzarella
Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over high heat.
- Brush the veal steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks in batches for 1-2 minutes each side, then remove and cool slightly.
- Take each avocado half and place cut side down on a board.
- Slice into diagonal pieces (wedges), keeping the tip of the avocado intact. Press lightly in the middle of the avocado and the flesh will come out.
- Wrap two slices of prosciutto around each steak then carefully top with an avocado ‘fan’.
- Divide the grated cheese over the steaks.
- Place under a preheated hot grill and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with steamed vegetables.