AvoSkills – North Queensland
This is the first of our AvoSkills workshops, covering the “A” to “O” of avocado orchard management.
- Date: Wednesday & Thursday, 17-18 July
- Agenda: Click here to see the flyer with a list of topics.
- RSVP: by Monday, 8 July to the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries’ Ebony Faichney on 0491 212 948 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Simon Newett, email@example.com or 0400 565 784.
- Places are strictly limited. To ensure everyone gets the most of this workshop, places are strictly limited to 40 participants. Applicants will be notified about their places by Friday 12 July.
- Should I attend? In this practical, fun and hands-on workshop, we will tackle the essentials of growing good quality fruit productively. The workshop is tailored toward growers who have recently joined the avocado industry, re-sellers, farm supervisors and farm managers.
- Will we be in the field? Morning sessions will be held in the Charles Room at DAF Mareeba (28 Peters Street), with practical afternoon sessions at local orchards.
- Location: DAF Mareeba, 28 Peters Street, Mareeba
- Time: morning tea & lunch provided
Events are being planned across the country. Be sure to keep an eye out in this calendar for events nationally. All industry members are welcome to attend any event.
This event is part of the strategic levy investment project, Avocado industry development and extension (AV17005), part of the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund. This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the Hort Innovation avocado research and development levy, co-investment from the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.
- Day 1: Start (Arrive ) to , 17/07/2019 (Date Past)
- Day 2: Start (Arrive ) to , 18/07/2019 (Date Past)
Host/sQDAF & Avocados Australia
28 Peters Street