AvoSkills – Western Australia
The second AvoSkills workshop, covering the “A” to “O” of avocado orchard management, will be held in Pemberton on 10 & 11 March.
- Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, 10 & 11 March 2020
- Agenda: Click here to see the flyer with a list of topics.
- Submit your expression of interest: by Monday, 17 February to the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries’ Bridie Carr via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0436 675 740.
- Places are strictly limited. To ensure everyone gets the most of this workshop, places are strictly limited to 40 participants. Applicants will be notified about their places by Monday, 24 February.
- Should I attend? In this practical, fun and hands-on workshop, we will tackle the essentials of growing good quality fruit productively. The workshop is tailored toward growers who have recently joined the avocado industry, re-sellers, farm supervisors and farm managers.
- Will we be in the field? Morning sessions will be held indoors, with practical afternoon sessions at nearby local orchards.
- Location: Pemberton Sports Club, 1 Club Road
- Time: morning tea & lunch provided
AvoSkills workshops are also planned for Central Queensland, South Queensland and Central New South Wales. Be sure to keep an eye out in the events calendar on the Avocados Australia website, or in the Guacamole for details. All industry members are welcome to attend any event
Be sure to keep an eye out in this calendar for events nationally. All industry members are welcome to attend any event.
This event is part of the strategic levy investment project, Avocado industry development and extension (AV17005), part of the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund. This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the Hort Innovation avocado research and development levy, co-investment from the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.
- Day 1: Start (Arrive ) to , 10/03/2020
- Day 2: Start (Arrive ) to , 11/01/2020 (Date Past)