Participation in ANVAS is voluntary and any nursery operator who can meet the ANVAS requirements may apply for accreditation under the scheme.
In order for an avocado production nursery to be eligible to apply to Avocados Australia for ANVAS accreditation, the production nursery must be:
- NIASA accredited; and
- Implement the requirements specified within the NIASA Avocado High Health Production Appendix; and
- Be found at audit to have implemented the procedures within the Appendix to a Satisfactory standard; and
- Demonstrate this through provision of a NIASA Avocado High Health Production Accreditation certificate.
Some of the benefits to nurseries for ANVAS accreditation include:
- Inclusion of your business in Talking Avocados magazine advertisement for ANVAS nurseries every quarter
- Opportunity, exclusive to ANVAS nurseries, to advertise your business in Talking Avocados
- Inclusion of your business in the ANVAS nurseries listing on the Avocado Directory on the Avocados Australia website
- Opportunity, exclusive to ANVAS nurseries, to list your business on the Avocado Directory
- Annual reports of known avocado plantings across all regions in Australia.
ANVAS documentation for nurseries